Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Special place in my heart...Kenzi Harwell





Today, Kenzi Harwell babysat Zach and Taylor. Kenzi took a ton of pictures today with the kids,and these are just a few. Taylor had such a great time, and it made me so happy to hear Taylor talk about her day with Kenzi!

I have known Kenzi since she was in 7th grade and she is now heading off to her freshman year in college! I met her when I was the youth director at Mecklenburg Community Church. Tonight after I got home, Kenzi and I went to Chik-fil-a with the kids...we chose CFA so we could actually have a conversation while Taylor played in the "play area." I loved spending time with Kenzi, listening to her talk about her senior year in high school, hear how she has grown in so many ways, and hear about how she feels about going off to college!

It made me miss working with high school students. Kenzi is one of the students that made my time being involved in high school ministry so rich. She is authentic, teachable, loving, fun-spirited, and has a deep faith. Kenzi holds a special place in my heart. It is really cool to see someone whose life I have invested in, turn around and give so much love to my own children!

As Kenzi heads off to ASU in a couple of weeks...I pray that she will continue to hold tightly to her faith. I pray she will choose friends that help her grow, and I pray she will continue to be a light to those around her. Thank you God for Kenzi, her sweet spirit, and the love she shared with Taylor and Zach today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment