Friday, August 28, 2009

A good word on mommyhood

"Being a mommy is both a gift and a burden. The responsibilities are never ending and sometimes feel all consuming. Yet the day will be won or lost, not based on my accomplishments, but based on my attitude. The grace of God can set my attitude free to be the mommy. By His grace, my frustrations can be replaced with peace. By His grace, I can speak calmly and listen patiently. By his grace, I can forsake my to-do list and play with my children. By His grace, I can celebrate this season called Mommy. Would you let the grace of God set you free to be the mommy?"
by Angela Thomas Guffey "Tender Mercies for a Mother's Soul"

Thank you, Angela, for the gift of these words today! I don't know you but it seems you have read into my heart, and maybe even the hearts of other mom's just like me!

2 comments:

  1. I borrowed this book from Amy when I was in the middle of the "blahs" about 8 months after Noah was born...and it was such a sweet reminder of the mercy and grace of God. I give it to the brand new moms I know and tell them that when they start to feel dry and used up in a couple months (when the adrenaline wears off!!) to pick up that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.--that comments was JUST from hayley...not mike! :)

    ReplyDelete