Wednesday, July 1, 2009

He's cute, but he can make a mess!!!



Look at sweet little Zach...8 months old and his first day on the swing!!! Can you imagine my sweet little guy making a monstrous mess? Enter baby food CARROTS!! I think I have served him carrots for my last time, after doing so a few days ago.

I was in a bit of a hurry because I had 45 minutes to feed Zach and give him a bath before going on a date with Phillip. Typically, that would be enough time to get all that done, but NOT WHEN CARROTS ENTER THE PICTURE!!

I started feeding Zach and he proceeded to eat some and then spit some out. Carrots in the form of baby food are EXTREMELY orange and prone to stain. The phone rang and I answered it...Taylor then wanted to help out and take over the feeding...BIG MISTAKE!! I was on the phone for maybe one minute but that was one minute too long! Taylor missed his mouth a few times in that sixty seconds. After we finished the feeding, Zach was a mess but that was no big deal because it was bath time. I took his clothes off and gave him a bath. I get Zach out of the tub to find he had left me a present in the tub. Yep, you guessed it , a brown present. I get Zach cleaned up , dressed and lathered in sweet smelling baby lotion. I put him in his crib for a minute so I can clean up in the bathroom. I come back and he has spit up all over his clean outfit and the crib sheets(which happen to be a real pain to change!!!!) I changed his outfit,called Phillip upstairs to change the crib sheets, cleaned him up again, and then took him downstairs and put him in his exersaucer while I finished a few more things before going out...and as if he hadn't spit up enough to give me the message he does not like carrots, he gave me one more spit up for the road!!!

A few outfits later,and spot cleaner on all the clothes and crib sheets with orange stains, Phillip and I went on our date.

Moral of this story...no more carrots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment