Wednesday, July 8, 2009

P.F.Changs with old friends

...and I mean "old" as in friends I have had for a long time! Tonight I had dinner with three dear friends of mine, all mom's of former students who were in the youth group at Church at Charlotte while I was the youth director. These friends knew me and have loved me in my single days, walked with me through my dating and marriage with Phillip, and are now encouraging me with my two young children! They all have children that range from being newly married to rising seniors in high school. They have walked the path ahead of me and yet they also take the time to walk alongside me. I have seen them walk through some really hard times in each of their lives,and yet one thing remains...these three women continue to love the Lord and pursue Him with all their hearts. They continue to be real and authentic in their pursuit of Christ, embracing the "trouble" that life brings (John 16:33), and pressing on with beauty and grace.

I am challenged and encouraged by these three women. Hebrews 10:24 says "And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds." I believe that occurs in the sharing of our lives with other believers, and tonight,that took place in a booth at P.F. Changs when four old friends shared a meal and their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment