Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Definitely not there yet...

Do you ever read Scripture and realize just how far off your life seems to be from actually living it out? I have that happen more often than I care to admit.

Last week, I had a "bad attitude" day. Unfortunately I can't really blame it on anything...I just had a stinkin' bad attitude. Nothing seemed to go right circumstancially, and if you couple that with a bad attitude...well, you get the picture!! I was not fun to be around (ask my husband-or actually, please don't-it is quite embarrassing!)

I finally took a "time out" because I had even had enough of me. I journaled some and just took some time to breathe. Suddenly, things seemed a bit lighter. I read some Scriptures and tried to focus on all the blessings in my life.It was a turning point in my day.

Now, here are the verses I read today that I wish I had lived out last week: "BE JOYFUL ALWAYS,PRAY CONTINUALLY; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS."(1 Thes.5:16-18) Last week,was I doing any of these things? Hmmm...NOPE!!! I was not giving thanks in all circumstances-rather, I was complaining about them. Well, bad attitude day is over, God's mercies are new every morning and the good news is today and every day,I can have a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment