Monday, July 20, 2009

SO GLAD I am not in the dating scene anymore!!!

O.K., for those of you reading this, that title might seem a little strange-like, Cammie, haven't you been out of the dating scene for a while now? And the answer is "Yes, Phillip and I have been married almost 8 years!" The reason why I am talking about this is because I overheard some girls, probably in their 20's, sitting outside of Caribou yesterday, talking about guys they had gone out with recently. The conversation went like this...Friend #1" Should I text him and tell him I had a good time?" Friend #2 "I don't know..does he think you are interested?" Friend #3 "Well, this is just my opinion, you shouldn't seem too anxious and if you text him at 10am, you might seem overly anxious..." and on the conversation went. Oh, to text or not to text? That is the question!!!

Well, I was sitting at the table at this Caribou on East Blvd. after an awesome overnight date with my husband (somewhat of a staycation in South Charlotte), and I had this overwhelming sense of joy and relief that I was not having to worry about those such things anymore...to text or not to text.(-: There were a lot of those kinds of conversations in my 20's and so yesterday, it just reminded me of how blessed I am as I looked over at my husband (oblivious to the said conversation going on near us).I am thankful that God, in His timing, brought the perfect man into my life...perfect for me!!!

And if I do decide to text him, I don't have to worry about seeming overly anxious, or too forward! All I have to worry about is whether or not texting is part of our phone plan!!! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment