Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where is my hope?

"Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalms 42:5

There are many days when I find myself easily getting frustrated. There are many days that seem like I do a lot of hauling children around from one place to another to "entertain" them and keep them busy, especially during the summer. Sometimes I can get to the end of those days and not feel like I accomplished very much.I can even find myself looking ahead at some weeks and I can allow discouragement to creep in...I feel more like an event planner than I do a woman seeking after the Lord.

Put my hope in God. The Psalmist says that twice in Psalms 42. I don't often find myself putting my hope solely in God. Rather, I put my hope in circumstances, in things I am looking forward to, a fun trip, girls nights out, dates with my husband, and naptime! It is not that those are bad things in and of themselves(especially naptime (-:)...but even those things can become idols if I put my hope in them. Circumstances change, people change, relationships change, but GOD does not change!!! I can put my HOPE in Him. I can look to Him to give me eternal moments in the midst of the mundane. I can praise Him during the loads and loads of laundry. I do believe it is possible, and I also believe it takes action on my part- to turn my eyes upon the Lord and to see above the routines of the day to find God and to hear Him.

God, help me today to put my hope in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment