Friday, June 4, 2010

SUMMER TIME...Lovin' this pace of life already!

It has officially been one week of summer (ie. out of school) and I am already loving this pace of life!! I did not realize until this week how nice it is to not have to rush out the door every morning, with the kids both fed and dressed, lunches made, etc. We have had a good week doing some fun stuff and what I have probably enjoyed the most is NOT BEING IN A HURRY!! Ahhh!

We have set some "Team Howard" summer rules this year. It seems that sometimes summer can be a time when we can get a bit self-absorbant. Last summer I remember feeling a bit like a "full time entertainer" while trying hard to keep the idea of serving others in front of us. It was a challenge, especially with Taylor who wakes up every morning asking "What are we going to do today?" So, that is one of the reasons for implementing the "summer rules."

Here they are...TEAM HOWARD'S SUMMER RULES:

1) Have fun!
2) Be kind to everyone. (This is something we are working on pretty intentionally)
3) Play nicely and share (Phillip always seems to struggle with this one-ha ha!)
4) Put your friends and your family before yourself.
5) Have at least one hour of "rest time" each day.
6) Try to "outdo" one another in love. (Romans 13:8)
7) Every day, do something kind for someone else, expecting nothing in return.
8) Obey right away, all the way, with a happy heart. (Thanks,Bethany!)

I am enjoying the kids, enjoying a slower pace with our family as a whole, and I look forward to seeing what God is going to do in our lives this summer. I feel so peaceful even as I write this. It might have to do with the fact that I am sitting outside on the front porch as I type this, with "Hillsong radio" on Pandora playing in the background. (-: I hope you, too, have a rich, enjoyable, summer filled with fewer "to do" lists and more chill time to enjoy God and one another!

4 comments:

  1. I love chill time, our porch, Pandora and our family! Thanks sweetheart! Phillip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post--great ideas for the summer! Glad you are at peace as you guys roll into summer! Say hi to Philip and all your great neighbors for me--
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN Sister!!!! You should get some Team Howard t-shirts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out. #8 is sometimes more of a challenge for me than my boys! :) Ha! Love you! -B

    ReplyDelete