Thursday, January 28, 2010

Simple worship

VERY cool night tonight! My friend, T.J. Haycox, who I have known since high school, had a great idea a while ago that I was able to participate in tonight. He had the idea to start something called a "Him Sing"...a night where people gather, very casually, bring guitars and songsheets, and come with hearts ready to worship. He has already had a handful of these "Him Sings" and tonight was the first night I was able to go.

So, Matt Glass, T.J., Christy Fritz and I hung out in T.J.'s living room and had a chill evening of worship. We sang some songs I had not sung in years!! We went old school and it was so refreshing!! It reminded me of how much I LOVE stripped down, authentic worship! Nothing loud, nothing flashy, no program involved, no planning involved...just worship!

I left feeling so refreshed spiritually, and I felt honored to be a part of a simple night of worshiping God with fellow believers. Thanks T.J. - thanks for your heart and vision for this.

4 comments:

  1. It was so good to meet you and be able to worship together.

    Old school is awesome, and I am always changed after being in His presence during these times. Very encouraging.

    Next time you'll have to bring some more of your "original" work. Now that I know you write your own songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. This week, I'm reading through the Psalms, and I told Jerel yesterday that I've been reminded of a TON of our old I.V. worship songs---fun to remember all those oldies. "as the deer pants..." and "lead me, lead me, lead me to the rock....", etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad I missed it, can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds WONDERFUL!! My heart hungers more and more for simplicity!

    ReplyDelete